WHAT IS DERMAPLANING?
Dermaplaning is a physical exfoliation that utilizes a specialized instrument designed to “scrape” away the accumulated dead skin cells and vellus hair. It is a very comfortable, relaxing procedure that can be combined with other services to improve their efficacy.
HOW OFTEN SHOULD DERMAPLANING BE DONE?
It is recommended to have a treatment every 3-4 weeks to maintain results and continue to see improvement in pigmentation, skin tone and texture while diminishing acne scars. Results are cumulative so your skin will continue to improve each time you come.
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF DERMAPLANING?
- Immediate improvement to skin tone
- Skin will be softer to the touch and smoother in appearance
- Brighter complexion with a more youthful glow
- Active ingrediants in skin care products penetrate more deeply improving your skin health
- Make-up glides on easily so less is needed to look your best
- Great for all skin types and colours
- Will not aggrevate telangiectasia or the most sensitive skin types
- Helps reduce blackheads and enlarged pores
- Can be performed on clients using Retinols
- Minimal risk of post – procedure breakouts
- There is NO downtime
Frequently Asked Questions
Does it make hairs grow back thicker and darker?
Dermaplaning is gaining in popularity because it removes “peach fuzz” from the face. This allows for make-up to have a flawless finish. When the “peach fuzz” is removed, excess oils and dirt are also removed from the skin.
Dermaplaning does not affect the actual hair follicle. Every individual hair follicle has its own individual DNA, which we are born with. This will determine whether it is vellus (light, thin) or terminal (thicker, darker). Terminal hairs are predetermined, they tend to appear due to hormone changes i.e.: pregnancy, menopause and hormonal abnormalities.
So therefore, Dermaplaning does not affect how your hair would regrow.
Does it hurt?
No, Dermaplaning does not hurt; it can even be quite relaxing. Clients tend to be very relieved once they witness the excess skin / dirt that has been removed from the face.
Is there downtime?
There is no downtime, occasionally the client will appear a little red post Dermaplane for up to an hour.
Can anybody have a Dermaplane?
A full assessment will be made by a Registered Nurse to assess your suitability for Dermaplane treatment.
DERMAPLANE HAS INTANT RESULTS, TRY IT TODAY!